About Me

Here I am! Nice to meet you.

Blog Archive

Feb 2, 2012

Elaine W. Mitchell

My dearest Grandmother passed away last week. As we are all still dealing with this loss, we remember the many many memories we have of her. All 18 grandchildren basically had two homes growing up, one with our own parents and family and one with our Grandma. We spent countless hours at her pool, spending the night, eating ice cream, attempting to beat her at Gin Rummy, reading books, playing Boggle and many many more things. My Grandma was what every child wishes their Grandma was. She was kind, she was funny, beautiful and sweet, and of course she always spoiled us as a Grandmother should. I will miss her more than she will ever know. I am so sad to lose her, but so happy to have those memories with her. My mother has so much of her mother in her and I can only hope that one day I can be the mother and woman that they grew into.

No comments:

Post a Comment