About Me

Here I am! Nice to meet you.

Blog Archive

Dec 10, 2011

Children looking at Christmas

Today I went downtown to walk around and get some pictures in. It was great weather, sunny, blue sky, but very cold. Along the windows of Macy's are these displays for the Make A Wish Foundation. They are very intricate and at every display people were stopping to look at the winding toys and bright lit colors. I stopped to capture these two young girls who I believe were sisters. I couldn't help but watch them standing there holding hands taking it all in. Right after I snapped this, their dad called to them to turn around for a picture, their smiling faces were so young and innocent. I love the look of children's faces when they are looking at all the decorations and lights. Their wide eyes and glowing faces are a great reminder of what this season is all about. It was a precious moment and I am glad I was there to see it. It may sound weird to be taking pictures of people I don't know and without their permission, but I really believe that the best moments captured are the candid ones. Raw emotion is so pure and wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment